- Organon Pharma Pty Ltd Organon New Zealand Limited
excluding joint ventures to which Organon is a party.
Last updated on: 1 June 2021
1. Personal and Sensitive Information
You are not required to provide your personal information or your real name to Organon. However, if you choose not to provide Organon with your personal information or your real name, Organon may not be able to provide you with full access to information and use of our websites and other online resources.
The types of personal information we collect depends on the nature of the relationship you have with Organon and the requirements of applicable laws. This information may include, among other things:
- contact information
- professional credentials, publications, patents and other scientific and medical achievements roles or positions held with governmental bodies, hospitals or organisations
- date of birth, day or year of birth, or age organisational and institutional affiliations programs and activities in which you participated your preferred types of medical information agreements you have executed with Organon
- payment-related information, including your Australian Business Number or your IRD number your communications preferences
- information about your scientific and medical colleagues and leaders in your specialty area records of any interaction we have with you.
In limited circumstances (for example, adverse event reports), Organon may collect sensitive information from you. In this policy, the term “sensitive information” includes health information and genetic information. Except where certain exceptions set out in the relevant privacy laws apply, Organon will not collect sensitive information from you unless you consent to the collection of that information, and that information is reasonably necessary for one or more of Organon’s functions or activities.
2. Information from you, the Public or Third-Party Source
In addition, when customers use a credit card to place an order on our websites, Organon verifies the validity of the credit card information with financial or credit organizations. In some cases, we may augment our existing user databases with information from third parties. Some of this information may be personal information, such as change of postal address information.
3. International Transfers of Personal Information:
Your personal data may be disclosed as needed to Organon entities and third parties located in the United States and other countries outside of Australia or New Zealand, including in countries that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. We have implemented appropriate security and compliance mechanisms to ensure your personal information is protected as required and your rights are respected, such as EU approved data protection contractual clauses. Additionally, the recipients of your personal information are bound to duties of confidentiality through legally binding framework. More information on these measures and your rights provided by these can be obtained by contacting Global Privacy Office.
4. How long does Organon hold your personal information?
Organon keeps your personal information and sensitive information only for as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purpose of collection and in accordance with any applicable legal reporting or documentation retention requirements.
Organon may also use your personal information to send you further information, if it relates to the purpose of collection, which we consider to be of importance to you, but we will always provide you with the opportunity to tell us if you do not want to receive this further information.
5. Why does Organon collect your personal information?
- clinical, epidemiology and outcomes research study management
- adverse experience and product complaint reporting
- verifying your identity
- providing you with Organon products or services
- providing you with information in relation to the use of Organon products or services
- administering and managing those products or services, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- promoting and marketing Organon products or services to you
- internal management purposes, complaint handling, planning, quality assurance and audit purposes
- surveys, research and analytics (by Organon or our third party service providers)
- to process and consider your application for employment
- for direct marketing by Organon
- to provide products and services to you, to provide you with information about those products and services, to assist you with enquiries or purchases, to enhance your experience on our network, or to provide you with better service
- to gain an understanding of your information and communication needs, to perform research and analysis, and to improve or develop our products and services
- symposia, conferences and other scientific and educational programs
- requests for product samples and orders for our products, where permitted by law
- financial disclosure reporting
- auditing Organon’s programs and resources for compliance and security purposes
- identifying and engaging scientific experts and leaders
- providing access to Organon resources and keeping track of Organon’s interactions with you both offline and online
- tracking payments made to health care professionals for services performed on behalf of Organon
- development of sales and marketing programs
- delivery of programs and materials to patients
- to enable you to use online social media resources that we may offer from time to time
- to enhance the mobile computing tools used by Organon
- as required or expressly authorized by laws
6. How may I access and correct personal information about myself?
Organon will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information we collect, when we are advised by individuals, is accurate, up to date and complete.
To request access to personal information about yourself collected and to keep it accurate, complete and current, unless certain circumstances set out in the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 apply, you may contact the Privacy Officer.
Where offered, you may also update online personal information about yourself by modifying information or deleting some or all of your personal information that you previously have entered into forms or data fields on our Websites. Where permitted by law, your ability to access and correct personal information will be limited where access and correction would: inhibit Organon’s ability to comply with a legal or ethical obligation, inhibit Organon’s ability to investigate, make or defend legal claims, result in disclosure of personal information about a third party, result in breach of a contract or disclosure of trade secrets or other proprietary business information belonging to Organon or a third party.
7. What is Organon’s contact address for privacy questions, complaints or concerns?
If you have any questions, complaints or concerns about our compliance with this policy please contact us at:
Australia and New Zealand:
The Privacy Officer
Building A, Level 3
26 Talavera Rd
Macquarie Park NSW 2113
When you contact us, please note the name of the paper form, Website or other online resource you used or to which you provided personal information, as well as the nature of any information that you provided. If you are located in Australia, we will use reasonable efforts to respond promptly within 10-20 business days to requests, questions, complaints or concerns you may have regarding our use of personal information about you. If you are located in New Zealand, we will respond no later than 20 business days to requests for access to or correction of your personal information. We will use reasonable efforts to respond to your privacy questions, complaints or concerns.
We may contact you for follow up information and may share your inquiry with other individuals within Organon or working for Organon that are responsible for functions related to the subject of your inquiry. Except where required by law, Organon cannot ensure a response to questions, complaints or concerns regarding topics unrelated to this policy or Organon’s privacy practices.
8. How will I know whether Organon has updated this policy?
Organon may update this policy periodically and reserves the right to modify, add or remove portions of this privacy statement at its discretion. If Organon decides to change this policy, we will post the revised policy at our Websites or in some cases, may provide notice of changes by e-mail.